Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aside: Working With Your Brain Turned Off

Working with your brain turned off is not a good idea.

Monday I was ambitious. I got lots of work done, all nicely written out in a notebook.

It was the list of lessons for the next 13 weeks of children's ministry. And the beginnings of a good shopping list of supplies that we'll need.

Then it was time to clean up for dinner and all the nice work I'd been doing on the dining room table needed to be put aside. I put most of it away, including the notebook, all with my mind on dinner, not where I was putting stuff.

I'm now ready to start printing off the lessons to get it all bagged up with the needed supplies and organized for the weeks we'll be teaching them.

And I CAN'T FIND MY NOTEBOOK.

Like anywhere. Aaaargh.

I need less stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dd you look in the stack of CM stuff? It may be in there... or the young master Rader may have picked it up. Of I may have put it somewhere.

Good luck!

And I totally resonate with the need for less stuff. That's why I have some stuff out on the curb hoping that someone will come by & haul it off.

Jennifer said...

I still haven't found it. Bummer, hunh? It's okay though...I redid all the work and am well into updating Planning Center.