Thursday, September 9, 2010

Adventures in Dinner


I honestly have no idea what my blog is about anymore. But I had to share more this wonderful new discovery: Dinner! At home! On a regular basis! Like. Every. Night. Wow.

I joined e-mealz.com.

I now no longer will plan any of my dinners because e-mealz does it for me, and makes my grocery lists. Now, if it would just grocery shop for me!

And how are the dinners? Tonight's offering was Stuffed Shells Florentine.

As it happened, last week I made spaghetti sauce, which always yields enough for three meals, so even though the recipe for tonight called for canned sauce, tonight's version was entirely made from scratch, super easy. And it was very yummy.

Even better, I spent less at the grocery store for an entire week of meals than I used to for several days of my haphazard method of meal planning.

Tomorrow I try another new thing: cooking an entire chicken. Usually I just do chicken breasts. This'll be fun, I've no doubt.

No comments: