Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 5: Adventures in Dinner


Day 4 got hijacked by the fact that I was the only one home for dinner. So I got in my pajamas and made pancakes, which was not on the plan, but were nonetheless quite yummy.

Day 5 (Monday) thus got Sunday's brunch planned meal: Pepper Jack Brunch Braid. Except that I didn't think I could get away with pepper jack cheese so my version was Cheddar Brunch Braid. Served with cantaloupe and smoked sausage.

I feel like a repeating record on this, but it was delicious, extremely easy and was ready to eat in less than half an hour. Really.

I cannot begin to say how much this new way of doing food is helping me. My house is not the usual barely on the edge of not a complete disaster -- I can usually see the kitchen counter now at any given hour. There are vacuum marks in the carpet. (I can SEE the carpet.) Laundry is getting done. The bathrooms got cleaned. The sheets got changed.

I feel like I might be making a success of this housewife at-home-mom business.

(Okay, I admit...I did not clean the bathrooms. Ross gets credit for that.)

Sometimes a single thing helps way beyond the expected and obvious.

1 comment:

Molly Jean said...

Hey! This looks yummy, please post the recipe :)

You should make a comeback in 2011!