Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 3: Adventures in Dinner

Day 2 was really delicious -- slow cooked chicken with rice and green beans. But chicken that has been in a slow cooker for 8 hours is not very photogenic. All that yummy spiced meat was falling off the bone.

So we have a slightly prettier Day 3 offering, which is Taco Bean Salad. I cheated a bit, and got pico de gallo (not called for in the recipe) from the Mexican restaurant down the street.

This is the first time I've ever put kidney beans in with my taco meat, and honestly was a little hesitant about it. I don't love beans. But it was delicious! And that wasn't just my opinion -- Rayne ate all the meat and beans on her plate, but nothing else.

This picture is of Christian's second full plate. He complained that I was taking too long to get the camera...he wanted to dig right in.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's planned meal. It's gonna be pretty. And very photogenic.

No comments: